Monday, April 12, 2010

If you want to hit me.
If you want to drape blood across this friendship.
I'll get you the hammer.
But standing here now
I can't support this numbness.
If you want to hold me.
If you want to make things messy.
We can forget tomorrow.
But standing here now
With neither of us saying anything.
Wordless mouths that used to froth with anticipation..
Now two idle tunnels.
I thought someone would show some kind of emotion.
I thought we'd hit the pause button..
We would shift from its safe net.
If you want to push me..
You don't know any of the buttons.
You don't know any of the faces.
This thing was left stationary and the models changed.
Technology developed.
Winter happened.
Numbness factored.
I used to feel this passion
About not leaving things the way they were.
But I guess what i'm doing now.
Is slowly hanging up..

/close./

No comments:

Post a Comment